[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observing

Hello Dear Observers & Friends,

First of all, thank you for all your info and help in the past
8 month.  I am new and I learned a lot from you all, and
thanks for your info.

I learned a lot about visual observing and also got quiet a few
high school teens interested in Astronomy.  Thanks to you all.

Since I joined the meteorob list, I brought a Meade 16" Dob and
low power 56mm wide field eyepiece to experiment meteor shower
observing by scope.

Also, thank you all for the information on Radio Observing,
I will take a high school teens out and test it out during
Halloween Vacation at Joshua Tree National Park, CA.
Did any one tried radio observing there before?  What
frequency did you use?  I Wrote down a few frequency from
San Diego and hope they will work there.

We are all very excited about Leonids and I am gearing up.

SO, WE NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN!  =)

We also want to try Video Observing on Leonids.  This will
keep a record on what we saw and to verify that we recorded
them correctly.

Since it will be too dark for most camcorders.  I am looking
into "night vision capabilities" on digital camcorders.
However, most I saw came with "inferred" night vision
(like Sony).  Do you think Inferred can pick up meteor
lights?  It's probably only good for organic animals, but
not meteors, right?  Is there any other kind of camcorder
I should look into?

Basically, I am hoping to buy a night capability digital
camcorder  and get ready for Leonids.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help again.

Kenneth Jang, California