[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Orionids (NOT)

Hi there Wayne and list members

Greetings from a very clouds Cotswolds, no Wayne it's not always cloudy in
England we have had a brilliant first half og October with 13 clear night
out of the first 18 which is the best October I have on record for many
years. I suppose I manage on average 6 to 8 nights a month observing but
that said I do not generally bother to go out for the ten days or so around
the full moon unless, as this month there is a shower to be watched.
I started my Orionid observing campaign last Sunday morning (cloudy),
Monday (cloudy), Wednesday and Thursday (cloudy) similarly with Friday. So
as you can see I've had no luck at all with the Orionid's and it sounds
like they put on quite a show :(. Ah well never mind I get vicarious
pleasure from hearing the rest of the worlds reports, it's now Saturday
nigh and what a surprise it's raining with the same forecast for the next
few days so it looks like I'll be back observing in the early evening again
at the end of next week. Hopefully the finicky British weather will allow
me to observe the maxima of the Taurids in early November, the possible
Linearid meteors  on the 11th (have I got the date right) and of course the
Leonids on the 16th to 19th. So I leave you with gray skies and wish  happy
observing to you all.

Cheers

David

Warning