[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Clouds and Leonid dates (was Re: (meteorobs) Orionids (NOT))

David, as a resident of the OTHER ("New") England, I really commiserate
with your weather travails - the New is quite as bad (and maybe worse)
than the Olde England. :) Add in the need to travel at least 45 minutes
to get even passable (5.0) skies on many dark nights, and you have a
recipe for low, low annual Teffs - as I in fact get! :(

BTW, just to mention: IMO's published activity period for the Leonids
actually runs from Nov 14 all the way to Nov 21! The shower in fact
has traditionally been MORE in need of observations at the fringes of
this activity period than it was close to the shower peak(s). So keep
all these dates in mind this year, especially the weekend nights at
either extreme of this range! You may just record a critical piece of
data no one else happened to be watching for on one of these nights...

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer