[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) My Leonids night-out plan

In a message dated 10/28/99 2:47:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nidned@yahoo.com writes:

<< I'm planning on spending my night out during the
 Leonids meteor shower. I won't miss a minute of
 darkness and will stay up till early morning. I won't
 go of course to school the next day.

 I will also be using my 90mm Altazimoth Meade
 Telescope, which I'm supposed to get in a week or two.
 My classmate friend will be bringing his telescope,
 and I'll try bringing all of my classmates. I might
 try getting someone with a 10" LX200 telescope. That
 would be kind of a Star Party! I'll be updating.

I'm just curious why you are using telescopes for the Leonids.  This cuts
down on your viewing range so drastically that you miss so much....