From: Bernd Pauli HD
[mailto:bernd.pauli@lehrer1.rz.uni-karlsruhedot de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 12:27 PM
To: Meteorite List
Subject: Monica Grady: Visitors from outer space (1 of
4)

Ron Baalke wrote:

> Dr. Monica Grady is one of the world's top
exobiologists - meaning
> she studies life outside Earth. She is also the
meteor curator at
> London's Natural History Museum. In this interview,
she tells
> EcoWatch reporter Chris Jeavens the biggest finds
are sometimes
> right under our noses.

Focus: Visitors From Outer Space (Astronomy Now,
November 1997, pp.45-47):

Around four particles of extraterrestrial material
lands on Earth per hour, per square kilometre. Much
can be learned from these meteorites
(by Monica Grady).

Many people have suffered from visitors who just drop
in, often at the most awkward times. But very few have
experienced at first hand a visitor from space, even
though calculations indicate that meteorite falls are
not rare events: approximately 40,000 tonnes of
extraterrestrial material land on the Earth each year
- this is around four particles per hour per square
kilometre of the Earth's surface. So, what can be
learned by studying these uninvited guests?

=====