[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Leonids 1999 plans in Southern CA, USA?

I am planning to go to Joshua Tree to observe the Leonids.  I plan on staying at a
local motel and observe possibly 2 or 3 nights.  What campground are you planning
to use?  I have seen some of the best skies anywhere at Joshua Tree back in the
1950's, but unfortunately that has changed.  There is often snow at Joshua Tree and
that would change my plans.  More recently I have done my observing at Anza Borego
State Park and that will be my choice if the weather changes drastically.  The
problem with the Anza is the light pollution, particularly from El Centro.  Let me
know and I will hopefully check it out.