[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #161

Hi All!
For what it's worth...

First, regarding the Iridium 29 sighting, I have photographed several
Iridiums and observed many more. I have yet to see an "orange" one. Is this
effect common? What would sun angle have to do with the coloration? The
light gets to the Iridium without passing through the atmosphere, and the
reflected light comes to the observer generally well above the horizon. Am I
missing something here?

Second, regarding the purchase of fish-eye lenses. If you want one just for
the Leonid potentiality, why not rent one? Most camera shops have used ones
sitting on their shelves that they will rent out.
That's what I intend to do. It beats shelling out $500 or so.  BTW, I live
in the sticks of northcentral PA. The camera shops I'm talking about are in
small towns, not big cities.

Follow-Ups: References: