[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) IMO-NEWS: Linearids / Gamma Ursae Majorids

Nippon Meteor Society observers reported it in a poster paper at the
Smolenice IMC calling it the IRAS-Araki-Alcockids, a bit of a mouthful.
Mark Vints, in 1990, was the first AFAIK to detect the shower
telescopically.  I called the shower the theta-Herculids.  It's
exhibited weaker telescopic activity since then.  Is there a article
available describing the DMS observations?  I'd like to be sure that we
are indeed observing the same shower.

Malcolm