[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) [Fwd: Dark sky sites]

Hi Donnie,

Small world....I am a RVAS member too! I lived in Christiansburg but moved
in 1992, although I still maintain membership. Haven't been to a meeting in
a while, but still keep in touch with Frank Baratta and Vince Tally. Please
give everyone my best!

Anyway....to your question...dot it is a difficult one to answer as I know how
unstable the weather is there this time of year. Traveling out west should
increase you chance for clear skies, but would pull you off the east coast
which is probably better placed. So my recommendation would be stay on the
east coast, and choose some potential locations.

Not sure if the weather will be any better, but you are welcome to come down
south...I am about 390 miles from Roanoke near Charleston, South Carolina
and will be probably be observing at a state park campground. Then again, if
it's cloudy here, I may be asking Kim down in Georgia to move over and make
room for me and my truck! ;)

Mark Davis, MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network
NAMN:   http://web.infoavedot net/~meteorobs