[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Realtime Video Web Address change

http://millerfe.tripod.com/

1.  There have been a number of improvements since
last year.  A hours, minute and separate seconds LED
and secondary hubcap mirror were added.
2.  Last month my Internet Service Provider informed me
that last year during the Leonids the people I asked not
to pass on my address, downloaded 137 Gig of data
from my web page ( all clouds by the way ).  The
AVI files uploaded last year were subject to frequent
failures.  Not sure why; could have been the excessive
throughput.  Since the ISP charges for throughput I
changed to the above address to keep myself out of
the poor house.
3.  I do not know what the upload period or interval will
be yet with the new web page host.  But, I was able to
test doing JPG uploads reliably to NASA every 30
seconds during a recent test.  If I can get a good
connection to the ISP the webcam software should work
much better than what I used last year.  That was just
practice.  Good luck with the weather this year...
P.S.  NASA plans to have multiple webcams up this year
at their address.