Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 20:19:49 +1030
From: Brian Fuller <bfuller@gsoft.com.au>
Subject: Mesospheric Temperatures using Radar-Meteor Decay Times

Mesospheric Temperatures using Radar-Meteor Decay Times

Recent developments now permit meteor decay times to be used to
determine absolute measurements of mesospheric temperatures.

A recent paper 'Hocking W. K, Temperatures using radar-meteor
decay times, Geophys. Res. Lett. Vol. 26 , No. 21 , p. 3297, 1999
(1999GL003618)' discusses the experimental studies undertaken and
outlines the algorithm for absolute measurements of mesospheric
temperatures.

This measurement capability is now available with our SKiYMET
Meteor Radar System and SKiYMET is the only commercial meteor
radar system providing this on-line facility.

If you are interested in further information, please see our web
page at:

http://www.gsoft.com.au/whatsnew.html

or at:

http://www.gsoft.com.au