[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Summary, Nov 9/10, (DAVMA)

I was able to observe this morning for a total of 3 hours under clear, but
slightly hazy conditions. Having to go in to work, I decided to observe from
Sullivan's Island which is closer to my home, and set up about 100 yards off
the beach. Limiting magnitude ranged from 5.1 to 5.4 (except when an
incoming ship turned their searchlights on looking for the shore!).

Taurid activity was minimal despite the altitude of the radiant. In the 3
hours I only saw 4 Taurids...3 Northern and 1 Southern. Twenty sporadics
were also recorded. No fireballs the entire period. The highlight was a 0.0
magnitude sporadic at 0316 EST which appeared green, a color I very rarely
see.

Will be going out again in the morning.

Mark Davis
South Carolina