[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Nov 9/10 Meteor Observations From California

There was a mysterious object in the sky after sunrise (Wednesday), see:

http://www.comet-track.com/meteor/leonids99/p1.jpg
http://www.comet-track.com/meteor/leonids99/p2.jpg
http://www.comet-track.com/meteor/leonids99/p3.jpg

Could this be a meteor train?  It made the local news.  I was up 24 hrs
ago, & saw it on TV. (they do a sunrise shot on the weather program).
Last year's Leonids, the activity really was heavy near the horizon
3am-5am.  Here is one near morning twilight,

http://www.comet-track.com/meteor/leonids98/16mm/16mm_37.jpg

Could the above be *.jpg's be a Leonid?

A while back, there was mention of that rocket-burnup seen in Florida.
I finally got the video scan:

http://www.comet-track.com/meteor/leonids99/p4.jpg