[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) [IMO-News] meteors associated with C/1999J3

------- Forwarded Message

From: Juergen Rendtel <jrendtel@aipdot de>
To: imo-news@imodot net
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 9:39:43 MET
Subject: [IMO-News] meteors associated with C/1999J3

Dear meteor observers,

I observed visually on Nov 11, between 19:10 and 20:15 UT. Among
the 8 meteors is 1 candidate for the "Linearids". Furthermore,
my automated video camera worked all night (16:45 UT - 05:00 UT),
but I have not yet checked the data. However, the number of
total meteors was not unusual. (Location: 52.5 deg N, 12.9 deg E,
expected radiant above the horizon all time)

Juergen Rendtel

- --
Juergen Rendtel                          Astrophysical Institute Potsdam
jrendtel@aipdot de                                      Telegrafenberg A 27
Phone: (+49) 331 - 288 2327 (office)              14473 Potsdam, Germany
Fax:   (+49) 331 - 288 2310
http://aipsoe.aipdot de/~rend/rnl-p.html

				       International Meteor Organization
Phone: (+49) 33208 - 50753  (priv.)   Seestr.6, 14476 Marquardt, Germany