Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 06:32:05 +0000
From: Alfredo Pereira <apereira@fc.ul.pt>
To: "imo-news@egroups.com" <imo-news@egroups.com>
Cc: Dan Green <dgreen@cfa.harvarddot edu>
Subject: [IMO-News] Results of telescopic watch for C/1999 J3 meteors

- - --
Whilst sending my visual results I saw the mail with Ondrejov radar
results, and I still had time for a short additional watch using
14x100B's.  I had to spend time dark adapting again, and dawn was
approaching, so I could not achieve a longer watch period, still my
negative result shows that any substantial Linearid activity at this
moment must be of very faint telescopic meteors (below visual mag +9).

14x100 binoculars; field 3.5 degrees
Limiting magnitude about 12.1-12.5
Field: R.A.=13h 20m  Dec.=+86d 30' (J2000.0)
Interval: 0518-0603 UT.  Effective time: 30 minutes
Observed meteors: 1 probable TAU (mag 7) and 1 SPO (mag 9.5)

Observer PERAF = Alfredo Pereira
Cabo da Roca, Portugal (Lat. 38d 46' 52.1" N  Lon. 9d 28' 33.4" W  Alt. 235m)

Cheers,

Alfredo Pereira
apereira@fc.ul.pt
http://correio.cc.fc.ul.pt/~apereira  [Comet Observers' Forum]
- - --

-- Check out your eGroup's private Chat room
-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=imo-news&m=1

------- End of Forwarded Message