[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hot drinks on cold nights

> forget your hot cocoa!)
>
> I remember reading on either the NAMN or the IMO observing guide that
> hot drinks weren't necessarily the best way to stay warm (or awake) on
> cold observing nights.
> Last year during the Leonids peak, I drank coffee all night long, and
> was THOROUGHLY exhausted by daylight.   Since having read the advice in
> one or other of the observing guides, I have not had a repeat experience
> this year, even though I've logged about 185 hrs this year including a
> few all-nighters.  Can anyone else comment, because if it's OK to drink
> hot cocoa, I definately want  hot cocoa!
As a veteran member of MBK team (meteor observation team of our club - kind of an inside joke:)
I can tell what we drink! I don't know how you'd call it - it's Cedevita in Slovene :)
It is a multivitamin powdery stuff that is mixed with water. Vitamin C does an
awfully good job in keeping you awake, so we make 100% saturated solution of
this stuff in water. After you drink it you don't feel your tongue for a while, but you
don't get sleepy.
If you can find something like this (I'm sure it's not unique to Slovenia) try it out.
Otherwise just send me a mail and I'll send you some of this stuff. You'll become
addicted :)

Clear skies!

Jure A.

P.S. - the only possible side effect of this thing is an increase in Halucinid rates...