[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: RE: (meteorobs) Start Time 10/17 on East coast USA

Thanks for your reply to my question about the start time for Tulsa, Ok,
located in central US in the Central Standard Time Zone. What will we see if
the storm appears during the predicted time, while the radiant is below the
horizon here? In other words, how many meteors from Leonid can we expect to
see if we drag ourselves out after midnight? Will it be just a "normal"
Leonid event, and if so, what is that? 100 per hour? 20? I need to have
something to justify to my family making them miss a lot of sleep and be
tired the next day. It seems like I read in one post that there still might
be up to 500 per hour even if the peak occurs as predicted. Thanks.