[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) LM: areas 8, 4 or 2, 17 or 20?

hi all,

denis V. Denissenko wrote :

>Which IMO areas should be used for deterimining Limiting
Magnitude uring Leonids maximum?  Is there a > >consensus?  Or
does one just choose the area which is currently near zenith for
him?  For me it means Perseus > >(area 2) around midnight, Auriga
(17) after 02:00 and UMa (area 3) before dawn.  But I see some
people using >Taurus and Gemini (8 and 4) which seem to give
different LMs permanently - is it normal?

we in jordan mainly use gemini, taurus, and pegasus, some times
ursa major, but rarely, and in fact as i remember we did not use
neither pereus since one of our milky way arms pass through it,
which will make very difficult and time consuming to count them,
since many many stars are present.

moreoover, pegasus, gemini, and taurus are just above and near to
the radiant point ( east, north east, south east, and near the
zenith too ). but please note that the west side of the sky will
be affected by the moon this year, and since we are facing east,
we should search for areas near and around leo.

clear skies
******************************
ENG. KHALED M. TELL
HEAD OF METEOR OBSERVING COMMITTEE