[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Resources for precise cloud prediction

Subject:        	(meteorobs) Resources for precise cloud prediction

Hi John!!

> Well, I'm not a meteorologist but in addition to being a very casual meteor
> observer (I only come out of the woodwork for the major stuff :-) I am a bit
> of an amateur weather watcher with a particular interest in things like
> hurricanes and severe weather.

I do as well, though I tend to lean towards the tornadoes. Large
enough outbreak this year in Canada, more so than I remember other
than in 1996 in the Barrie region.

> AVN model:  http://www.arl.noaadot gov/ready-bin/arlplot1.pl?metdata=AVN+191+km
>
> ETA model:  http://www.arl.noaadot gov/ready-bin/arlplot1.pl?metdata=Eta+40+km

Thank you for these sites. I will add them to my list, however, I do not
like the results it gives me for my area , close to Kingston, on Lake
Ontario, it says 80% cloud, pooh, we will defy the cloud gods, and it
will be clear.

Thanks again'

Kim
(XX)