[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Resources for precise cloud prediction

John K replied;

As you've noticed, the NWS and your local TV station don't make a very big
deal of PRECISE cloudcover forecasts because the vast majority of people
don't care.   We, obviously, do. Particularly for Nov. 17/18. :-)

You need to do it yourself.  Try these sites:

AVN model:
http://www.arl.noaadot gov/ready-bin/arlplot1.pl?metdata=AVN+191+km

ETA model:  http://www.arl.noaadot gov/ready-bin/arlplot1.pl?metdata=Eta+40+km

I tried both of these, the AVN model tells me quite a different story then
the ETA.  AVN claims 0 % cloud cover from midnight till dawn tomorrow
(10/17) while the ETA claims 80 % for the same period..... (39' 30"    77'
45") Can anyone explain the discrepencies? Who should I believe?

John N