[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) SoCal Leonid Watch

All quiet on Western Front Range.

       Due to the unexpected early morning activity of 16 Nov.'98
where we had numerous bolides, I wanted to be up and watching this
year at the same just to be sure, but activity was normal or low for
this close to a shower. In 1 1/2 hours, 04:00-05:30 AM only one bright
Leonid, a -1 with a half second train, was noted while facing NE.
Several other small meteors but only about six in all. LM was about 5.
Possible weather for tonight.

       Good luck Bob Lunsford! Where did you go? Not missing much here
as yet.

                                Dave English
                                Oceanside, California