[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) leonidslive.com LEO rates

I must admit that I'm a bit confused by the LeonidsLive web site "Current
Conditions" report, which I think a lot of us are looking at.  Their ZHRs
went from 47 to 11 in just 1 hr UT, which makes me very skeptical of their
numbers.  Why would the ZHR go down this far, or at all, as the radiant rises
higher?  Hmmmm.....

It would also be helpful if they told us where geographically the reporting
station(s) are that provide the reported data.  One fo their stations is in
the Florida Keys (Hi Lew!) but obviously that station didn't provide the data
at 23:30 UT (Nov. 16.979 UT on the LeonidsLive page), or the data before it
citing 47/hr.  What station did?

Peter Wlasuk
FIU