[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids from Northern UK, Nov 17, 00.00-02.15

Hi all,

Quick report while I thaw out...

Misting-over skies here in the northern UK, and almost two and a half hours
of observing rewarded me with just half a dozen Leonids, so things are pretty
slow up there at the moment. Brightest was -1, others 1 or fainter. Several
"flashes" from behind the horizon hinting at unseen fireballs, but that might
just have been wishful thnking! Was driven back inside by wind-chill, growing
mist, and the realisation that I should get *some* sleep before the Main
Event tomorrow night...

Had a bit of a scare when I first went out... I didn't realise that my new,
post-house move observing site was next to a kennel, and when the dogs inside
it started fighting I almost had to go home for a change of underwear... ;-)

So, sadly no repeat of last year's Fireball shower, which I was privileged to
see, but high hopes for tomorrow night.

Good hunting everyone further east of me!

Regards,

Stuart Atkinson