[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) average radio activity

This evening at 6pm CST (0h UT) in Urbana Illinois I started recording
radio meteor data.  I plan to do this for three solid days (Kmart had
video tape on sale -- six hours per tape!), recording time on the video
channel (camera pointed at a clock) and audio from my receiver.  I'm
listening to many -- a couple of dozen at least -- TV transmitters at
83.24 MHz and although I don't know where they are located they're never
close together so I must be covering a very large geographic area.

Meteor activity is currently about 10 events per minute as I write this
at 10pm, which is typical or slightly below that of an average evening.
A couple of whoppers though...
--
Aart Olsen
aolsen@prairienet.org