[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) My 15 seconds of Fame

Good job-here in PA no mention of fireballs on news even though many were
seen-coming from different directions. A very vivid fireball with trail at
11:26 PM est lasting about 43 sec bluish white in color was seen. This
sighting was just off due west. I will be looking to see if there are
verified reports of space junk burning between 6:19 and 6:45 PM est.  The
fireballs between 6:19 and 6:45 were mostly all orange in color with what
seemed to be sparks coming off them.  There were some others coming from
other directions but they looked more like the fireballs from the 98 storm --
space junk or whatever it was is a site the children will remember forever.
My feeling is we have seen some fireballs associated with leonids and a
separate event with concentrated space junk or a fluke.
Clear skies all-
Margaret Taney