[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fantastic Fireball -- 7PM Indiana Time -- Nov. 16 th

In a message dated 11/17/99 1:38:18 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
johnk@dmv.com writes:

<< And I suspect this is wrong. Just because it's on a NASA site doesn't make
 it right...Unfortunately, the fact it was on a NASA site means it will be
even harder
 to kill off the idea it's a Leonid :-) >>

I agree.  I don't mean to legitimize the Leonid assertion.  It seems
impossible to me that it was a Leonid because it clearly moved West to East
and at too early of an hour.  I do think, however, that it was a true meteor
and not space junk.

S. Hicks