[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Summary: Nov 16/17, S. Carolina

I got in about 5 hours of observing this morning under perfect skies, no
clouds, limiting magnitude at about +6.00. It was also cold, near freezing
temps., but at least no wind. I have not listened to the tape so can only
give my impressions. The Taurids remained at about the same activity level
from the previous nights - 2 or 3 per hour. The Leonids increased in
activity slightly. My highest rate per hour was 10 I believe. No Leonid or
Taurid fireballs were observed, but I did see one sporadic. Sporadics
remained at about 7-10 per hour. It is almost unbelievable, but weather
conditions are supposed to remain clear through tonight. This will be about
15 days with no rain, and only 1 of those days even having any clouds!

I will probably arrive at my site around 11 PM for the show tonight. I wish
everyone clear skies!

Mark Davis