[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) EMO Leonid Report

EMO Leonid Report for 16/17 November 1999
Courtenay, B.C. Canada

    The Sandia All-sky camera was in operation at EMO.  Sky conditions were
mostly cloudy.  It cleared off at 10:30 UT on Nov 17.  Conditions were not
ideal.  Some haze and ground fog persisted but stars were visable through
this.  I just finished monitoring this mornings video tape from 10:30 UT to
14:45 UT.  17 Nov.  I watched Jupiter set, observed an iridium flare at
13:13:03 UT and observed Venus rise.  As for meteors. ZERO Leonids and ZERO
sporadics were recorded.  The Sandia all-sky camera should record all
meteors brighter than ~-2.0 magnitude.

Ed Majden -  http://www.amsmeteors.org/spectro.html