[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids from Kiel, Germany

Hi all,

We (three guys from northern Germany) went out at about 1:45 UT but had
many clouds. The Skies opened at approximately 1:55 UT and stayed clear
for about 20 Minutes (p=0.5). At about 2:05 +-2 min., we counted roughly
(really just a first estimate) about 10 to 15 Meteors per Minute!!! Really
a great show for someone who travelled 8000km last year for the expected
maximum over Asia!! After 2:09 UT, new clouds appeared and hid the sky
till 2:25 UT Now, just occasionally, a meteor appeared, the event
seemed almost over... it seems, as if all calculations were really
precise. What does a meteor watcher want more?

Clear skies!

  Christine Becker, Florian Zschage, Andreas Petersen