[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) North Central Arizona

Dear Net members:

From 1:30 to 2:30 P.M. local time we have visually observed 7 meteors.  Five
of  these were Leonids.  Skies are mostly clear with a bit of haze.

Our radio meteor observatory is not detecting any unusual activity over
normal  fluctuations in sporadic counts. Normal average counts for sporadics
this time of night are usually about 200 per hour.

The radio observatory operates in a forward scatter mode simultaneously on
88.9,  88.5 and 89.7 MHz.  We also monitor 87.9 MHz as a noise detector
frequency.

We are also doing our first run in observing reflections on the video
carrier of T.V. Channel 3  (61.240 MHz).  The receiver here is a  computer
controlled ICOM
IC -PCR1000.

All data (including an event marker for  visual sightings) are monitored
through a DataQ DI-700, multichannel A/D converter for computer recording
and later analysis.

Regards,
John Meyer
Radio Meteor Observatory