[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Nice after storm Leonids in eastern US

Just a few quick impressions before I crash...from New Jersey.
Well the storm must have ended before it got to the east coast, since the
hours 3 UT to 6 UT were very slow. Saw no Leonids before radiant rise
(0350) but did see 2 nice earth grazers during the next hour. Then slow
till 6 UT. After that, it was very reminiscent of last year...although not
as many fireball class meteors, the r value must have been very low. Rates
seemed to be near 20 per hour for the next 3 1/2 hours with bushels of -2,
-1, and 0 meteors. Many minutes had multiple subzero meteors. One highlight
early was one of the earth grazers being passed in the opposite direction
by a Taurid...they were only a degree or two apart. Can't wait to trascribe
the tape...ahhh actually that's not true. I can wait, because I'm frozen
and exhausted. I'll do a summary report when I thaw and wake up. Hope
everyone made out as well. Thanx Leo!

Wayne