[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid Observations -- Indiana

We had crystal clear skies right up until the time Leo would be peeking over
the horizon.  It then clouded up and was still clouded at 3AM.  At 5AM, the
skies were clear again, and I observed 5-10 meteors in the span of an hour,
only looking a few minutes at a time and going from outside to inside.  Some
were quite a distance from Leo and may have been sporadics.

We're heading out again now at about 6:30AM, hoping that we experience the
"before dawn" increases of other areas.  While it looks like Jordan and Spain
sure got a good show, this has proven to be significantly less than last year
here so far.  My observation last year also took place mostly from 5AM onward.

Here's hoping.

S. Hicks

Afterthought -- Any chance there will be more activity tonight, Nov. 18th to
19th, or is this basically it?