[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Summary: Nov 18; S. Carolina

Looks like the east coast missed the peak as the predictions seem to have
been on this year. I only had about average activity in nearly 6 hours of
observing...highest hourly rate was 20. I haven't looked at the mag.
distribution yet, but my impression was all the magnitude classes were about
equally represented. Quite a few trains and negative magnitude meteors, but
only two Leonid fireballs. Below is my summary:

Nov 17/18, 1999  Begin: 0412 UT  End: 0948 UT  Teff=5.60 hours
Mark Davis (DAVMA)  Sullivan's Island, SC, USA
79.51' 20" W,  32.45' 30" N, h = 2m,  IMO Code: 25259

UT Time     LM   LEO   Remarks
0412-0427  4.61   1    Moonlight
0427-0442  4.61   1       "
0442-0457  4.58   0       "