[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kim (meteorobs) Leonids in Southern Ontario

Hi Kim , I live in Guelph, Ontario and we saw thousands!!!

Just kidding, we didn't see anything.
It was kind of like that Monty Python skit about the eclipse of the sun
which was called on account of rain.

What I mean is, I don't think it was just because of the clouds...

However, even the lady at the post office saw those five fire balls the
other night and I know a guy who saw them pass over the 401 heading over
lake Ontario! These were seen by freeways full of people here and across
seven states...

cool eh?

anyway, chow for now, better Leonid luck next year. I remember one year we
could see them right downtown!

Alex

P.S. where are you that it is snowing?
Some folks say Old Man Winter is a bastard...
some folks are right, I say....
I would like a report on the advance of this mortal enemy, this implaccable
foe...
 I know his tactics, I need to know where the frontline is...

Actually, I am originally from Montreal, so I find Southern Ontario to be
quite balmy.

DOUBLE P.S. ...    How to have "A Quebec Hair Cut" as follows;  put a hat on
when your hair is still wet, go outside, wait 5 minutes and then just snap
the exposed portions off, cheap but bad if you hate split ends...

 Here is a real snow nightmare, one year I came to visit T.O. and when I got
back to Montreal after driving in a non-stop blizzard, as I pulled up to my
apartement, I noticed to my horror, that my balcony door had blown open and
it had been snowing for two days solid  in my living room. Three feet
deep...

 The fish tank was a block of ice, anyway, I'm sure you get the picture, I
shan't tell about how long it took to to melt and shovel  the damn place
out, I was so tired, I tried to just go to sleep and ignore it hoping it
would all melt and dry up while I dozed, away from the horrow show in my
living room, man I couldn't even see my TV set...

Ofcourse I then flooded the guy downstairs a bit a we had to fix a couple of
ceilings after we got his power back on.
I know Old Man Winter, he broke into my home and had to be physically driven
out, I actually could have used a snowblower indoors... Top  that ..

Aha, I just noticed you live in Kingston, half way to Montreal, that
explains the snow, I am almost in the states here, in fact we are at the
same latitude as Northern California, everything west of us is the U.S.A...

Cheers

 alex@superimpactor.com

Snail Mail:
Alex Themelis