[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) SoCal Leonid Watch

The Leonid shower wasn't as good as we had hoped but much better than
normal nights, I had to remind myself of that. In 1966 I was in OCS
(Army) during the big meteor storm and I remember someone who had the
firewatch say there were a lot of meteors that night. Too bad he
didn't wake us up!

Nothing unusual except no bolides. The rates were those of normal
showers, 1 to 3 a minute but many, many minutes without meteors. I
watched from 03:05 AM to 5:30 local time but I took a break to make
coffee for 15 minutes.

What did Asaf see?

     The address I messed up on my last post for the track of the
object seen over several states is:

          http://www.leonidstorm.com/bolide.GIF

     There's still a discussion about if it is a meteor or decayed
object on SeeSat. No agreement yet.

                                    Dave English