[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids in Southern Finland

Southern Finland being cloudy, only very rarely saw a dim star or two
from the gaps, my observation was mostly limited to the meteors of negative
magnitudes.  From 01:45-03:45 UT (Nov. 17/18) saw only 4 of such (coming
from about the direction of Leo and all but one being dimmer than Venus).
Counting for Leonids one of which I didn't actually see, but it lit
clouds brightly all around the sky with nice blue light for a second or two.

  Now I only wish I'd have watched last year's shower through clouds too,
as last time it was rich with fireballs.

  And now I only wish and wait that year's 2001 and 2002 storms are better.