[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) LEONIDS Nov 17/18 Frustratingly poor show :(

Bad Weather, in a nutshell, in the San Francisco Bay area (and most of
Calif too). Rained Tuesday night, and pesky variable cloudiness
remained  most of the night Wednesday, which made good counts very
difficult. Could not find any one hour period free enough of clouds.
There would be periods of big open holes, then become almost totally
obscured. I just report the clearest 20min period I saw, between 1:30 AM
- 1:50 AM PT. No dazzling bright fireballs through the clouds, as I had
hoped. The Leonids I saw were mostly short, moderate ones, near the
radiant. Just generally, quite unimpressive. Better luck in Y2K, lets
hope!

OBS: Mike Linnolt (LINMI)
DATE: Nov. 17/18, 1999
TIME: 0900 - 1000 UT
LOC: Near I-280, 25 miles south of San Francisco, CA
METHOD: Paper

Period(UT) FOV       Teff   F      LM        LEO   SPO