[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) U.S. East Coast Activty

We watched from 8 o'clock central standard time till nine, then from one
o'clock on the 18th until three. Saw nothing the first hour, having gone out
just in case there was some way the Leonids could be seen even though Leo was
below the horizon. We saw about 20 per hour after midnight, with many of them
being awe-provoking, bright streakers with long tails on them. Very
impressive, even if the numbers were very disappointing.  It is too bad for
us here in Oklahoma that the peak occurred as predicted. How do the Geminids
look this year?

Johnie