[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Anaheim, CA, USA watch

Meteorobs,

For your information only.  I am just a beginner.  Much light pollution.

November 17/18 1999
Results by: Bobbie Webb, Anaheim, CA, USA (backyard)
Temperature: about 53 degrees F, or 11.5 degrees C (Fullerton Airport data)
Location: Latitude, 33.46.45 North, Longitude, 117.54.39 West
Altitude: 275 feet, or 84 meters
Field: Azimuth, 75 degrees to 120 degrees.  Elevation, 30 degrees to 90
degrees.
Sky: Limiting Magnitude, 4.6.  Two times low clouds passed by during the
watch between 6h UT and 8h UT, taking 15 minutes to 20 minutes to pass by
each time, otherwise LM 4.6, cloud cover again at end of watch.
Teff: 4.6
Overall time: 6h12m UT to 11h48m UT
Time                                    Shower          # of meteors
magnitude     notes

6h32m UT                             SPO                     1
       -1
10h25m UT                           LEO                      1
       -2          5 degree trail length, 1 degree wide trail, 3 sec.
10h35m UT to 10h40m UT      LEO                      5                      +2
10h45m UT                           LEO                      1
      +1
10h47m UT                           LEO                      1
       -3         30 degree trail arch, 4 sec.
11h09m UT                           LEO                      1
       -2
11h12m UT                           LEO                      1
       -1
11h46m UT                           LEO                      1
       -2

I realize that the LM is not report quality.  I wonder if "the Masters" could
critic "the apprentice" for my education alone.

Thank you,
Bobbie Webb

PS  Time difference between PST and UT is +8?