[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: high rates from Jordan

At 05:56 PM 1999-11-18 -0500, you wrote:
>I thought the descriptions sounded like a satellite reentry as well, but
>iwth the satellite guys saying there was nothing expected, I must assume
>that this could have been a VERY slow fireball (asteroidal) event. Hope you
>did well last night
>
>Wayne

But, what about that SL-16 booster stage that the German fellow came up
with?? Would the "satellite guys" necessarily have known about that kind of
debris??

A short portion of a Cincinnati video was shown on the local channel 4
Boston station yesterday evening and it certainly did look like a reentry
to me, although the video was only 5 or 10 seconds long.

What direction did those in Canada facing when they saw the thing: to their
south? From the US, it was apparently to our north. On the video, it looked
to me like maybe 25 or 30 degrees above the horizon.

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA

Follow-Ups: References: