[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #192

Bruce

I wondered the same thing, especially on the third meteor.  The first two I
shook off to possible sporadic coincidence, however a third one made me
wonder.

I noticed from another post that I wasn't the only person noticing this.  I
would be nice to have something compete against the Leonids  (as if
anything could..hehe).

If it was clear tonight, I would be back out there, however, the Pacific
Northwest is fickle this time of the year and I was lucky to get in a good,
freezing night last night.

Lauren Sobkoviak
buckshot@empnet.com

>Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:20:38 -0500
>From: bruce_musson@dofascodot ca
>Subject: RE: (meteorobs) Leonids from Central Oregon
>
>The three that traced back to the bowl of the Big Dipper...  I'm
>wondering...  have too many days passed to be seeing the Linearids that
>never showed up ??
>
>  Bruce Musson
>

>Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 06:08:30 +0800 (CST)
>From: Jin Zhu <zj@bac.pkudot edu.cn>
>Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Leonids from Central Oregon
>
>We also found several possible Linearids in Nov. 17/18 observation
>coming from the proposed different radiant RA=10h30m, Dec=+64d we
>determined from Nov. 11/12 observations. I'm now quite confident
>about the radiant (may slightly changed after more careful examinations)
>from observations of several Chinese observers and will report it here
>later.
>
>Best regards, Jin
>>
>> The three that traced back to the bowl of the Big Dipper...  I'm
>> wondering...  have too many days passed to be seeing the Linearids that
>> never showed up ??
>>
>>   Bruce Musson

Lauren Sobkoviak
buckshot@empnet.com