[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) one meteor (Houston Leonids)

You will never pick up the fainter meteors (mag 3 or less) with a
typical f/2 lens and 400-1000 speed film, even though you can easily see
them. The film picks up fainter stars, because they move so slowly over
the film, the faint light integrates and forms a usable image. Meteors
pass too swiftly to produce the same image density as an equivalent
magnitude star. A mag 2 meteor is about the faintest you can hope to
catch, and it takes one significantly brighter to yield a good,
publishable shot.

Mike