[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) like the Great Pumpkin

The predictions seemed right on target to me.  The "storm" peak was not
favorable for our part of the world. I read that the "shower" peak was to
occur around 6 hours after the storm, which would have been around 0400 EST.
Sure enough, activity here picked up around 3:30 and continued for a couple
of hours.  Seemed like a typical Leonid shower to me.

Unfortunately, I heard of local weather people getting people excited about
the storm without adding the caveats.  Going out under the street lights in
the cold, with the moon still up and looking up for 10 minutes, waiting for
an orgasmic meteor storm would discourage anyone.

I hope that topoge will plan his next meteor trip with more information and
patience. It will pay off. Nature does not respond to our requirements or
desires.  I have been clouded up enough to have learned that much.

P.S.  I also watch for the Great Pumpkin while I am out. Keeps things
interesting when there is a lull.