[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Photos of Leonid Fireballs (Europe)

Many reports from Europe of "extreme" fireballs ("flashers" w/persistent
glowing trains).  Practically no reports from North America (just a
few).

from Italy:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/9530/leo01e.htm

from Norway:

http://home.sol.no/~arnedani/astronomy/astrophoto/meteors/meteors.htm#Leonide99

My observing runs 11pm-6am on 16/17 & 17/18 (Southwest USA), yielded no
"extreme" fireballs.  The best I saw, was a near-radiant (foreshortened)
meteor ~3am 11/17 PST, which had a small circular glowing train.
However, it did NOT record on ultra-wide-angle fisheye lens! (not enough
aperture I guess.  But, I still wonder.)