[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) radio and west coast obs

I am using a 3 element tv yagi aimed east and up aboout 45 deg. That goes
to a mast mount preamp and then about 75 feet to the shack. There receiver
is a icom r7000 on the picture carrier of channel 5 71.240 mhz and then to
the computer running fftdsp software. I think it is the best thing going
for meteor reflections. I has a record capability and werfred wrote a
program called split the will make bmps out of the recorded file. It also
can make waves or screen snaps and both wav and gifs. My web page has some
of the recordings and a like to the fftdsp page.

>What kind of a radio/software setup are you using?
>
>Stan
>KB5VL

Norman M. Davis WB6SHI Shingle springs, CA
mailto:wb6shi@arrldot net
http://www.directcondot net/normd/index.htm
ICQ: 7192318