[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids Report From Malta

Hi,

First of all I would like to congratulate all those who were lucky enough
to send their Leonids reports  !

Unfortunately , here in Malta it was overcast and rainy all night and
although we stayed up all night hoping that it clears out , this dream did
not materialize .

Two observing groups were stationed on the extreme north and the extreme
south of the island keeping in contact with each other by radio, but the
only use of this was that the team from the north managed to warn the south
of more showers (RAIN) .

The north group managed to get a glimpse of the activity , 5 meteors
through the thick clouds ..but that could hardly be called consolation !

The Southern group managed to watch one single meteor through the same
conditions.

We were very unlucky after the clear skies that we had the days before and
the day after (and this following night!!!)

Cheers
Martin Galea De Giovanni

Visit the NEW page of the Astronomical Society Of Malta at
www.geocities.com/maltastro