[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid Observations From Spain

Subject:        	(meteorobs) Leonid Observations From Spain

Hi Bob!!

Welcome back, you to Pierre and Cathy!!

Wonderful numbers BOB, I hope the photo's turn out, it would be nice
to see what Leonids really are.

I saw CLOUD........again this year. I am thankfull that I went out on
Wed Nov 17 though.

Glad to see everyone made it back ok,

Look forward to hearing of your expedition.

Kim

PS, I see some stories for the MAMN report, the WGN, (is that
coming out soon???, or is my subscription up??), the ALPO and
AMS newsletter : )

> I had the pleasure to join the IMO expedition to the south coast of
> Spain to view the Leonids under near perfect skies. We observed in the
> mountain region north of Malaga where the temperature were just above
> freezing with a strong wind out of the east. During 5.38 hours of
> observing time I counted 1562 meteors, 1519 which were members of the
> Leonid shower. The preliminary data will be presented here. A more
> detailed report will be forthcoming.

Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC/NYAA/SARA/ALPO/AAVSO/IDA