[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Many Leonids photographed

Hi to All,

Members of the Dutch Meteor Society located near Valencia - Spain
photographed many meteors using SLR camera-array's equipped with 1.8/50 mm
lenses. The exposuretime is 10 minutes. The exposures started at about 0 UT
and stopped at about 6 UT. Kodak Tri-X Pan film was used and pushed to
about 400 / 800 ISO.

Today two sets of films have been developed and searched for Leonids.
As expected many photographed Leonids appeared to be weak. Nevertheless
there are some fine bright Leonids captured on film. On one exposure 8
Leonids were found!

When all films are developed print will be made of the finest pictures.
Some of these will be published on the DMS-website: http://www.dmsweb.org

We look forward to results from our meteorfriends around the world.

See you,

Casper.

Casper ter Kuile, Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)
Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Tel. +(31)-30-2203170, Fax. +(31)-30-2202695
GSM-BEN: +(31)-6-24242445, GSM-KPN: +(31)-6-53270844
E-mail_1: pegasoft@accu.uudot nl
E-mail_2: dms-web@wxsdot nl
E-mail_3: webmaster@dmsweb.org
DMS website: http://www.dmsweb.org