[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) ARCHIVE RESEND: NASA: Thursday's Classroom is deluged by meteors

[HOPEFULLY this is the last of the "ARCHIVE RESENDS" for a while!]

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:54:38 -0600
From: NASA Science News <expressnews@sslab.msfc.nasadot gov>
To: express-delivery@sslab.msfc.nasadot gov
Subject: Thursday's Classroom is deluged by meteors

NASA Space Science News for November 23, 1999

Last week Thursday's Classroom invited students, parents, and educators
to watch the Leonid meteor shower and to submit their observations
for use in a future episode.  We've been deluged with hundreds of reports.
Congratulations to all the new meteor scientists out there!  Because of the
large volume of data we're recieved, we won't post these observations until
the December 9th episode on the upcoming Geminid meteor shower.

Meanwhile, this week's episode -- "Leonids Rain in Spain" -- offers some new
meteoritic lesson plans based on the recent meteor storm.  If you missed the
sky show on November 18, you can recreate the event in your classroom with
"A Questionable Meteor Shower."  Other activities include "Time Travel
Postcards," "Interview with a meteorite," and "Diamante Meteor Poems."

              VISIT http://www.thursdaysclassroom.com

service, go to:

     http://science.nasadot gov/news/subscribe.htm

Link for AOL users</a>.