[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonids from Arizona and question

Dale,

From my personal experience I have found that with a wide field lens
such as a 24 mm you would need to use a very fast film such as Fuji 1600
or Konica 3200. A -2 magnitude should have appeared on your photos
unless your lens was inadvertently out of focus or set at a higher f
ratio.

This year I used a 28 mm f 2.8 with Fuji 1600 film. I managed to catch
approximately 10 meteors on 36 frames. Of course the activity was
slightly higher in Spain than it was in Arizona.

I hope this helps.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford